To view the breakfast and lunch menu, please click on the Menu Quick Link on the homepage.
Hello from the Swift River School Cafeteria!
Swift River is a CEP school.
What is Community Eligibility Provision or CEP?
Section 104(a) of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 (Act) amended section 11(a)(1) of the Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act to provide an alternative that eliminates the need for household applications for free and reduced-price meals in high-poverty LEAs and schools. This alternative, which is now part of the NSLP, is referred to as the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP).
Community Eligibility Provision is a new, innovative provision that allows high need schools to serve free meals to all students while alleviating the administrative burden to collect paper applications. Community eligibility allows for a healthier student body and a healthier school meal budget. Below are just a few of the advantages:
- Community eligibility will increase participation of children in the school meal programs.
- Community eligibility will reduce administrative costs related to collecting and processing applications and tracking students based on their meal eligibility status. As a result of expanded student participation and reductions in administrative work, there will be stronger school nutrition programs overall.
- Community eligibility will afford schools the ability to no longer collect payments or use swipe cards or other systems during the meal service.
- Community eligibility requires schools to serve universal free school breakfast, and it is a great way to facilitate the adoption of innovative breakfast models, such as Breakfast in the Classroom.
- Community eligibility will also help students because families no longer have to complete meal applications and it can reduce stigma because all students are eating meals at no charge, regardless of their income status. And, studies show that well-nourished children are able to focus in class and ultimately do better in school.
If you have any questions related to breakfast or lunch, please call Barrett Grazioso at 978-544-6926, ext 208.